Dog First Aid Australia is coming to DCs Madra in Cowra NSW Sunday May 23rd, to run a one day course.
Time: 09:00hrs – 16:00hrs (7 hours)
WHAT THEY DO
Dog First Aid Australia is a quality based Australian business providing Emergency Solutions, Training and Products for Canines and Handlers.
Dog First Aid Australia provides consultancy on dog emergency critical care, first aid, management policies and procedures to reduce risks to dogs.
Trainer : ASHLEY TAYLOR
Ashley is an accomplished professional in 3 key areas. Training, Human / Canine Medic and an experience Security Professional. He proudly conducts himself with integrity and considers his ability to push through any challenge and being adaptable as his key strengths.
As a Trainer, Ashley uses educational psychology, real world experience, and life like training to enhance his students experience within the classroom. He has trained hundreds of students over his 10+ year career.
As a Medic, he has the experience and qualifications to provide pre-hospital and pre-veterinarian care to both Humans and Canines. Mixed with his protection experience, he can provide medic services in hostile, remote and security environments.
As a Security Professional, Ashley has been a Canine Handler for over 10+ years. He has experience handling a range of different breeds of dogs with different temperaments. He has been credited with saving numerous staff and bystanders from hostile environments by using his Canine team mate to overcome violent situations and people. He believes his ability to fluently read people (Predictive Behavior and Body Language Recognition including micro expressions) as his key to success over the many years.
Subjects Include, but are not limited too:
- Prevention and Risk Management
- K9PE – dog protective equipment
- Preparing for an Emergency
- Basic Dog Anatomy
- My Dog Has Been Hurt – What Do I Do? (DRsABCDE)
- Severe Bleeding – Tourniquet (TQ), Wound Packing, Partial / Full Amputations
- Severe Burns (including fire, chemical, bitumen etc.)
- If Your Dog is Choking
- Penetrating Chest Wound
- CPR – Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Embedded Objects – With or Without Exit Wound
- Abdominal Injury
- Crush Injuries
- Hyperthermia / Hypothermia / Frost Bite
- Drowning/Near Drowning
- Land and Sea Snakes, Funnel Web Spiders, Blue Ringed Octopus and Cone Shell
- Pressure Immobilization Bandaging Technique
- Other Bites/Stings (e.g. Bees, Wasps, Spiders, Ants, Jelly Fish, Ticks)
- Cane Toads
- Allergic Reaction / Anaphylactic Shock
- Dental Problems
- Poisoning (Baiting, ingested chemicals etc.)
- Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus (GDV)
- Strains and Sprains
- Smoke Inhalation / Carbon Monoxide
Complete payment will secure your spot. If COVID effects Ashley from travelling from QLD a partial refund will be available.
What to Bring
- Lunch & drink
- Note pad and pen
- Enclosed Foot Wear